TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR THE USE OF THE FRAMERS GALLERY (Year 2014/2015)
The Framers Gallery offers unique and friendly exhibition space, ideal for solo, group and pop-up shows. Located in fashionable Fitzrovia, in the heart of London's media, art and design centre. Conveniently situated a few minutes' walk from both Goodge St. and Tottenham Court Rd stations. Close to many of London's long establish galleries and just around the corner from the trendy restaurants of Charlotte Street and Soho.
I. GALLERY USE & ACCESS:
- Gallery is primarily designed for the exhibiting of artwork.
- All work intended for exhibition should be presented to the Gallery prior to booking.
- The Company (The Framers Gallery) reserves rights to refuse to hire the Gallery if, in the opinion of the company, the artwork is not considered suitable for exhibition. I.e.: the nature of the work is inappropriate or of insufficient standard (including presentation).
- If the artwork is deemed unsuitable once the exhibition is hung, the company reserves the right to have the artwork removed from the exhibition.
- The Gallery is situated in the Showroom of Artefact Picture Framers; the company retains the rights to have unlimited access to the Gallery at all times and to maintain its everyday business (meet the visitors and customers, take the orders, deal with everyday enquires, etc.)
- During the hire period the whole of the Gallery remains in the sole ownership, possession and control of the company. The exhibitor does not receive the keys to the Gallery.
II. GALLERY OPENING HOURS,Gallery opening hour are:
- Monday to Friday: 10.00am - 5.30pm
- Saturday: 11.00am - 5.00pm
- Sunday & Bank Holidays: Closed
GALLERY SERVICES & FACILITIES:The Gallery offers the use of:
- The Gallery offers the use of:
- Display windows (the Gallery reserves rights to display in the windows the frames samples, the company information notes, promotional literature, etc.)
- Kitchen and bathroom. No cooking is allowed in the Gallery.
- Wireless internet access
- Professional Picture Framing services.
Please ask for special exhibition framing offers.
- Installation services - prices on request
The Gallery does not offer storage facilities (any rubbish or packing materials need to be removed from the Gallery after installation of the show).
The Company is not responsible for ensuring that the facilities are suitable for the hirers' purposes.
III. FESS & CHARGES:
- The Gallery is hired on weekly basis (Mon - Sat).
- The exhibitor may enter the Gallery from Monday at 10.00 am. The Gallery must be vacated by Saturday 5.00pm unless by prior arrangement.
- There are 2 sections of the gallery space: Main Gallery and new Upper Room,
- We are happy to give the option to hire the gallery without Upper Room, please note that we reserve right to use the Upper Room for any purpose required by the gallery.
- The Gallery offers a special discount for each additional week of hire. (*please contact us for more details regarding fees and charges)
IV. PRIVATE VIEWING:
- Each one or two week hire period includes one Private View evening.
- Each three or four week hire period includes two Private View evenings.
- The Private View evenings are held between 6.00 - 8.30pm (Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu)
- Additional Private View evenings are by special arrangement at additional cost.
- It is a responsibility of the exhibitor to supply all food, beverages, glasses and the bar staff.
- The Gallery operates a NON SMOKING policy.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor once the Private View is over, that the premises are left in good and clean order:
- All the rubbish are disposed
- The floor is left clean and tidy
- Glasses and the cutlery are cleaned and removed
- Any breakages are reported
V. CONFIRMATION, PAYMENT & CANCELATION:
- All the payments should be made in UK Sterling only
- 25% of the hire fee is payable as non-refundable deposit upon booking.
- The remaining balance is due no later than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the hire period.
- In case of late booking (less than 6 weeks before planed exhibition) full payment is required.
- Any cancellations less than 6 weeks prior to the exhibition will entail a loss of the total booking fee.
- The exhibitor is responsible for the installation of the artwork.
- It is expected that all artwork will be installed during the Gallery opening hours only (unless by prior arrangement with the Gallery Manager) and that all artwork will be titled, priced on the first day of the exhibition.
- In case of installation of the group exhibitions no more than 4 people are allowed at the same time to be present in the gallery;
- The exhibition space must be kept clean, safe and presentable at all times.
It is expected that all the rubbish and equipment after installation of the exhibition are removed and disposed. This is a responsibility of the exhibitor.
- None of the company's equipment shall be removed from the Gallery.
(That includes permanent frames samples display)
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor once the exhibition is over, that the premises are left in good and clean order.
- The exhibitor is responsible for removing the exhibition, packing, removing and disposing of any equipment and rubbish.
- The exhibitor is responsible and expected to pay for any breakage or damage that has occurred during the exhibition period.
- Anything left over after closing dates of the hire period will be disposed of
VII. SAFETY & SECURITY:
- The Gallery is not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur to any artwork during the period of the exhibition, the installation or removal of the exhibition.
- The Gallery is not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur to any personal items belonging to the exhibitor or anyone working for or on behalf of the exhibitor (this also includes guests and associates).
- The insurance is the responsibility of the exhibitor; the Gallery does not insure the exhibited work or the exhibition.
VIII. SALE AND MARKETING:
- The Gallery does not charge a commission of the sale of any artwork.
- Transactions are between the exhibitor and the purchaser of the work and any cheques and/or cash are the responsibility of the exhibitor at all times
- Any sale of the artwork is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- None of the sold artwork can be removed until the exhibition is over.
- The Gallery is not responsible for advertising of the exhibition.
- The display or advertising materials in the Gallery shall be subject to approval by the gallery manager prior to publishing/printing.
- The Company requires that the name of "The Framers Gallery" with full address should be used in all promotional literature used by the exhibitor.
- Information about the exhibition will be included on The Framers Gallery website.
- The Gallery requires artist to submit files for the website (images and text) no later than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the exhibition.
- The Gallery reserves rights to include exhibitions in selected online art listings.