TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR THE USE OF THE FRAMERS GALLERY
I. GALLERY USE & ACCESS:
- Gallery use is restricted to the exhibiting of artwork that is suitable for wall hanging.
- All work intended for exhibition should be presented to the Gallery prior to booking the gallery.
- The Company (The Framers Gallery) reserves rights to refuse to hire the Gallery if, in the opinion of the company, the artwork is not considered suitable for exhibition. I.e.: the nature of the work is inappropriate or of insufficient standard (including the standard of the framing).
- The Gallery is situated in the Showroom of Artefact Picture Framers; the company retains the rights to have unlimited access to the Gallery at all times and to maintain its everyday business.
- During the hire period the whole of the Gallery remains in the sole ownership, possession and control of the company.
II. GALLERY OPENING HOURS, SERVICES & FACILITIES:
- Gallery opening hour are:
- Monday to Friday: 10.00am – 5.30pm
- Saturday: 11.00am – 5.00pm
- Sunday & Bank Holidays: Closed
Gallery will be open from 9am on initial day of hire for the installation of artwork
- The Gallery offers the use of:
- Display windows (at the same time the Gallery has right to display in the windows the frames samples and the company information notes)
- Limited kitchen & bathroom facilities (on the Private View evening).
- The Gallery does not offer the use of phone, e-mail, fax or copy machines.
- The Galley offers a professional Picture Framing services; Please ask for special offers and discounts.
III. FESS & CHARGES:
- The minimum hire period is one week (6 days excluding Sunday). The exhibitor may enter the Gallery from Monday 9.00. The Gallery must be vacated by Saturday 5.30pm unless by prior arrangement.
- The Gallery offers a special discount for each additional week of hire.
IV. PRIVATE VIEWING:
- Standard one-week hire period includes one Private View evening.
- Additional Private View evenings are by special arrangement (at additional cost).
- It is a responsibility of the exhibitor to supply all food, beverages, glasses and the bar staff.
- The Gallery operates a NON SMOKING policy.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor once the Private View is over, that the premises are left in good and clean order:
- All the rubbish are disposed
- The floor is left clean and tidy
- Glasses and the cutlery are cleaned and removed
- Any breakages are reported
V. CONFIRMATION, PAYMENT & CANCELATION:
- All the payments should be made in UK Sterling only.
- 25% of the hire fee + VAT is payable as non-refundable deposit upon booking.
- The remaining balance is due no later than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the hire period.
- In case of late booking (less than 6 weeks before planed exhibition) full payment is required.
- Any cancellations less than 6 weeks prior to the exhibition will entail a loss of the total booking fee including VAT.
- The exhibitor is responsible for the installation of the artwork.
- It is expected that all artwork will be hung during the Gallery opening hours unless by prior arrangement with the Gallery Manager.
- The exhibition space must be kept clean and presentable at all times.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibitor once the exhibition is over, that the premises are left in good and clean order.
- The exhibitor is responsible for removing the exhibition, packing, removing and disposing of any equipment and rubbish. Anything left over after closing dates of the hire period will be disposed of.
- The exhibitor is responsible and expected to pay for any breakage or damage that has occurred during the exhibition period.
VII. SAFETY & SECURITY:
- The Gallery is not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur to any artwork during the period of the exhibition, the installation or removal of the exhibition.
- The Gallery is not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur to any personal items belonging to the exhibitor or anyone working for or on behalf of the exhibitor (this also includes guests and associates).
- The insurance is the responsibility of the exhibitor; the Gallery does not insure the exhibited work or the exhibition.
VIII. SALE AND MARKETING:
- The Gallery DOES NOT charge a commission of the sale of any artwork.
- Any sale of the artwork is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- None of the sold artwork is going to be taken of the wall until the exhibition is over.
- The Gallery is not responsible for advertising of the exhibition.
- The display or advertising materials in the Gallery shall be subject to approval by the company.
- The company requires that the name of “The Framers Gallery” be used in all promotional literature used by the exhibitor.
- Artist’s CV and samples of the artwork of the exhibitor will be included on The Framers Gallery website and will be sent to the media agencies requesting the information about present or future exhibition in The Framers Gallery.